The Economy of Ideas is an article that was published in the February 2003 edition of Wired magazine. The article discusses the nature of intellectual property as it relates to the digital world. It has been broken up into sections that I think will be useful to varying extents.
The sections I think are most relevant are:
A Taxonomy of Information - This section details the nature of information and how it is generally exchanged
Getting Paid in Cyberspace - What effect does the trade and exchange of intellectual property (via the internet) have on our economy?
Crypto Bottling - This section talks about the future use of encryption to protect digital information. This part of the article seems a little dated, but I think it would be worth looking in to the digital encryptions that protect major stock exchanges, transportation systems (such as subway lines), etc.
Barlow, John Perry. "The Economy of Ideas." Wired 2.03. Accessed October 28, 2010. http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.03/economy.ideas_pr.html
Trimira Garach November 3/10
No comments:
Post a Comment